Continuous Glucose Monitor
A Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) is a small & discreet wearable device approved by the FDA-approved device that measures and displays glucose levels in the body. It provides real-time glucose readings, throughout the day and night, allowing people with diabetes to see their glucose levels and track how quickly they’re increasing or decreasing. A typical CGM provides a glucose readings once every 5 minutes. CGM does not eliminate the need for blood glucose meter readings but provides additional information for more informed treatment decisions and improved glucose control. CGM can be used by people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes who are concerned with their diabetes management.
Remarkable accuracy and precision
The continuous glucose monitoring sensors are designed to successfully manage diabetes by providing a consistent and accurate monitoring of your glucose level.
- Know the direction your glucose levels are going.
- Get notified of your lows and highs throughout the day or while you are sleeping.
- See how food, physical activity, and medications affect your glucose levels.
Insulin Pump Therapy
An insulin pump is a small device that mimics some of the ways a healthy pancreas works. It delivers continuous and customized doses of rapid-acting insulin 24 hours a day to match your body’s needs. The pump provides insulin to your body in two ways:
Larger dose used for meal time to break down the large introduction of sugars OR to correct a high blood glucose level.
Pumped continuously at an adjustable rate to deliver insulin needed between meals and at night. The consistent drip rate mimics a pancreas.
- It’s easy to use. Add, reduce or stop insulin delivery with a press of a button
- More Convenience. Always have your insulin with you for an easy and discreet dose
- Customize it. Pumps can be programmed to deliver basal insulin at different rates
We are experts at working with your insurance provider and physician in supporting you through this process. We will handle insurance billing, making sure to maximize benefit coverage and minimize out-of-pocket expenses.